(Portage County) - A few tense moments today at Kent State's Cunningham Hall and the Cunningham Annex area.
A leak was discovered in a natural gas line. About 100 students and employees were evacuated.
Kent fire crews thought it was just sewer gas that the created the awful smell during the 11 o'clock hour, but Dominion East Ohio workers found a crack in a natural gas line.
KSU spokesman Eric Mansfield said he understands this type of repair is not unusual.
Cunningham Hall is located on the Science Mall near the library.
Â Get breaking news sent to your mobile phone. Text "news" to 21095.Â
(Copyright Â© 2014 by Clear Channel, all rights reserved.)
(Photo by Ken Robinson/WTAM)