(Cleveland)—The Cleveland Indians have introduced another fan-friendly transportation option, Tribe Park and Ride, for the summer months.
The program will operate in five suburbs on five weekend dates in June and July. The Fan Express, wrapped in Indians decals, will rotate suburbs, and Lakefront Lines buses will transport fans from the other four cities.
The dates for Tribe Park and Ride are:
- Friday, June 14 vs. Washington (Fireworks presented by Wayside Furniture, Sugardale Dollar Dog Night)
- Sunday, June 16 vs. Washington (KeyBank Kids Fun Day)
- Saturday, June 22 vs. Minnesota (Carlos Baerga/John Hart Indians Hall of Fame Induction, Fireworks presented by RTA, Indians Flag giveaway presented by Pepsi)
- Friday, July 5 vs. Detroit (Fireworks presented by Discount Drug Mart, Sugardale Dollar Dog Night)
- Saturday, July 13 vs. Kansas City (1902 Replica Road Jersey presented by University Hospitals Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital)
The locations for Tribe Park and Ride are:
- Mentor: Lakeland Community College West Lot (SR 306 exit off I-90)
- Warrensville Heights: Corporate College East front parking lot facing main entrance (Richmond Road exit off I-271)
- Independence: Doubletree Hotel/Shula’s Steak 2 (Rockside Road exit off
- Strongsville: SouthPark Mall parking between JCPenney and Sears, near Pole No. 39 (Royalton Road/SR 82 exit off I-71)
- Westlake: Dave and Buster’s (Columbia Road exit off I-90)
Tickets for Tribe Park and Ride, which are extremely limited in quantity for each game and each location, are $5 with the purchase of a ticket at Indians.com, the Progressive Field Box Office or Indians Team Shops.
The buses will load 90 minutes before first pitch and leave each respective location 75 minutes before first pitch. Post-game, buses will depart 20 minutes after the final out or the completion of the fireworks display, on Ontario Street near the Indians Team Shop.
“One of our commitments is to make the fans the focus of our actions,” said Indians President MARK SHAPIRO. “Our main goal is to provide convenience and value to our fans so they’re able to have memorable experiences at Progressive Field.
“In all our market research, one of the significant barriers to entry into Downtown Cleveland and Progressive Field has been access to transportation. There are many safe, reliable and cost-effective means to get to our ballpark.”
Tribe Park and Ride joins the Indians free Ohio City shuttle as alternative transportation options the team is offering fans. The Ohio City shuttle runs when the Indians play at Progressive Field on Thursday nights, Fridays and Saturdays.
The shuttle operates from one hour before and until one hour after each of those games, and picks up fans at the corner of West 25th Street and Market Avenue near the West Side Market.